- Coordinate with customers to assess their moving needs and provide them with an estimate of the costs and time required to complete the move.
- Carefully pack and load customers’ belongings onto the truck, using packing materials and straps to secure the load.
- Transport goods to the designated location, following all traffic laws and regulations.
- Unload goods at the destination and carefully place them in the designated rooms.
- Assemble and disassemble furniture as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the truck.
- Communicate with customers and team members throughout the moving process to ensure that all parties are aware of the status of the move.
- Perform physical labor for extended periods of time, including lifting and carrying heavy items.
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
To be successful in this role, movers should have strong customer service skills and the ability to work well in a team. They should also be physically fit and able to lift heavy items. A valid driver’s license is often required for this position.